Highlights and Key Events
- Amalgamation of Insight Radiology and Ascot Radiology into one entity
- Opening of new clinic at Millennium Institute in Auckland
- Addition of CT services to the initial offering at Millennium Institute
- Increase in demand for new modalities including Coronary Artery CT, Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring and PET CT scanning
- Investment into IT infrastructure including upgrade of PACS system
- Introduction of new radiologist partners into partnership
Radiology is now an intrinsic part of patient care. More imaging is being undertaken, with new technologies providing better, faster and more accurate diagnosis.
The Auckland radiology market is fairly mature and the opportunities for growth lie in providing access to new technologies and improved diagnosis. Insight+Ascot Radiology is well positioned, with world class clinics, leading edge imaging equipment and technologies and a team of expert, highly regarded radiologists.
We are seeing growing demand for our services, from both private patients and from DHBs looking to ease demand on public waiting lists.
The amalgamation of Insight Radiology and Ascot Radiology has led to a more collaborative culture, provided additional robustness across the organisation and allowed us to take advantage of economies of scale.
Focus for FY14
- Year of consolidation with an emphasis on building demand for existing services
- Increased focus on marketing, relationship building and customer management
- New opportunities in DHB contracts for specific services including PET CT
- Additional radiologist partners to be introduced into the partnership with Abano