ASCOT RADIOLOGY visit website
Abano has a majority shareholding in Ascot Radiology, in partnership with radiologists who work within the business.
Abano Healthcare acquired a 40 percent share of Ascot Radiology in February 2005, with a further 40 percent acquired in 2007. Abano acquired an 80 percent share of Greelane Imaging in February 2007, with the remaining 20 percent held by the two founding radiologists. In November 2007, Ascot Radiology and Greenlane Imaging were amalgamated.
In late 2008, Abano acquired Insight Radiology, a specialist obstetric ultrasound practice.
In November 2012, Ascot Radiology and Insight Radiology were merged into one entity.
The business is recognised as one of the leading specialist radiology providers in New Zealand, and provides a total imaging service including MRI , PET CT, Ultrasound Scanning, Mammography, Interventional Radiology, Angiography, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), and Conventional Imaging, all with modern high tech equipment.
In 2008, Ascot Radiology opened a state of the art purpose built facility in the new Ascot Central clinical building. As well as offering all imaging modalities, the new clinic also provides a specialist breast imaging service in conjuction with Breast Associates, a group of leading breast physicians.
In April 2011, Ascot Radiology opened a world class PET CT scanning centre in the new Ascot Central building. The investment into leading edge technology offers a number of patient benefits unique to Ascot Radiology.
In February 2012, Ascot Radiology opened a new clinic in the Millennium Institute on Auckland's North Shore, co-located with a group of orthopaedic specialists and offering a wide range of leading edge radiology modalities.
The Auckland radiology market is very competitive. Radiology is predominantly privately funded and has strong growth opportunities.
Careers: To find out more about working with our radiology businesses, please click here.