News

Official Opening of New Insight+Ascot Radiology Clinic

Abano Healthcare Group has celebrated the official opening of the new, state of the art Insight+Ascot Radiology clinic in the Millennium Institute on Auckland’s North Shore, with the Health Minister, the Hon. Tony Ryall, as the Guest of Honour.

New Insight+Ascot Radiology clinic on North Shore ensures patient comfort with one of the country’s few wide-bore MRI scanners Abano Healthcare Group has celebrated the official opening of the new, state of the art Insight+Ascot Radiology clinic in the Millennium Institute on Auckland’s North Shore, with the Health Minister, the Hon. Tony Ryall, as the Guest of Honour.

The Insight+Ascot Radiology clinic boasts one of the country’s few wide-bore MRI scanners , a new system which increases accessibility for claustrophobic and large patients – without sacrificing high-resolution imaging, patient comfort, or clinical productivity. The scanner sits alongside a full complement of diagnostic modalities, from digital xray to CT, mammography and obstetric ultrasound.

Radiology is now an intrinsic part of all acute medicine, whether it be an xray to determine a broken bone, an MRI to identify the cause of painful knee or a CT scan to investigate the cause of stomach pain.

Medicine has embraced technology and there is increasing demand for new technology offering better imaging, and resulting in improved diagnosis.

“Providing patients with access to the best possible diagnostic imaging technology can be the difference in how accurately and quickly a patient is diagnosed and treated”, says Dr David Rogers, managing partner and principal radiologist at Insight+Ascot Radiology.

“The substantial investment we have made into high tech equipment and technology across our six Auckland clinics is in direct response to demand from doctors and clinicians. While there can be a significant upfront investment cost for the business, it can often mean a cost saving for the patient.

“As an example, previously an invasive procedure – a knee arthroscopy – was undertaken to investigate issues with knee joints, at a cost of approximately $3,000. Now an MRI scan can be done, with no pain to the patient, for around $800.”

Abano has a 73% shareholding in Insight+Ascot Radiology with a group of radiologist partners holding the remaining 27%.

Managing Director of Abano, Alan Clarke, commented: “The opening of the clinic has provided many benefits – new jobs for skilled clinicians; access to leading edge diagnostic technologies for patients; and a much needed support to relieve pressure on the local DHBs, particularly for MRI scans.”

The new Insight+Ascot Radiology clinic is open to the public and can be found on the ground floor of the Millennium Institute building, Antares Place, Rosedale. It is co-located with Millennium Orthopaedics, a group of respected orthopaedic surgeons.

Back